Saturday, August 31, 2019

Thursday, August 29th, 2019, Day 51-Josephine Arrives

I woke up later today and thought if I got on the bus later, I might be able to use the ticket twice in the 90 minutes that it is good. So I walked slowly to the bus. When I  got on, neither of the tickets in my hand worked. I tried to explain to the driver that one had to work since it had not been used. This discussion took at least 10 minutes while we were riding and there was no way I was going to buy another one. Finally I sat down and decided to look through my handlebar bag and guess what I found-my third ticket. I went forward and tried it and sure enough it worked. I felt just a little embarrassed and asked him to throw out the other two.

At the airport, I made out Ellen right away and said hello and together we waited for a long time. It took forever for the luggage to be unloaded from the plane.

Many other people arrived and were greeted by family and friends.

Finally I spotted Josephine coming through the doors.

She didn't see me.

She had come out just ahead of her neighbours.

I was introduced to Josephine's neighbour and other family members that I would be joining for the Cycle Tour trip and we took a group shot. Then we said goodbye and headed to the exit and the bus. The first bus was full so we waited for the next one. My morning ticket was still good for this bus. After another changeover where I had to buy a new ticket, we arrived near Ellen's house and walked the rest of the way.
We had tea and coffee and a toutje.

It was delicious but the top was very crusty.

The bus that I took back after the visit to Ellen's was before my 90 minutes were up on the ticket. It let me off at Bos Noord so I had a long walk down the IJ weg to the house.

Later I went by bicycle to the closest Albert Heijn to try to buy a bus card. I got one at a store called Bruna and also bought a house warming card and little piggie saving bank for Marnix and Renike. Then I bicycled to Tussenweg to the Vodafone store and had him put in my third card. I bought an ice cream and headed home.
Carla had to work tonight and Dick had invited Dennis and Panta-Rhea for supper so I helped him cut some vegetables and set the table. We had a nice meal together and I cleaned up in the kitchen while they had a business discussion with Dick.
   Later after they left, Dick and I waited for Carla to come home. We chatted again until 12:30 am. and I said goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment