Tuesday, August 20, 2019

An enjoyable afternoon and evening withJohn and Marianne

I was so happy to arrive at John and Marianne's house. It had been a wet, rainy ride all day but one nice thing was that they had taken ahead a whole bag full of my things with them last night. I am sure that I would have been one hour more with all my things on Silver. I went up their steep driveway only to get to go down again and between some bushes to get to the entrance of the shed part of the house. It took me a while to hang all my wet stuff here and there. Then I was shown the room where I would sleep and I changed into dry clothes.I 


 

John and Marianne gave me a tour of their beautiful yard full of bushes, flowers, trees and hedges.




Then I got to see their chickens that he was just feeding. In the chicken house they always keep a boiled egg in the nest so the chickens know where to lay.
In  this city is the oldest coal-fired steamer  boat that is still in operation today. It is 151 years old and is called Hjejlen

Later we went for a walk at a nearby park that had buildings and bunkers used by the Germans during the war.

Plastic sculptures

With John

With Marianne

I hereby call this meeting to order!
The former headquarters for the Germans is now a cafe where you can get a drink of wartime coffee.

Bunker museum- there are at least 15 bunkers here


A little walk farther and down the hill to the lake brought us to the natural spring where the Germans used to bathe. 



You are to taste the water which to me tasted like sulphur water.





Drainage idea for water going down the hill.

Mama bear, baby bear and Gramma bear

Making music on the xylophone

On the way back to the car, we came across a very small wedding party and offered our congratulations.
Their getaway car

We drive to the marina and had an ice cream and while we were walking along it just so happened that the Hjejlen came by full of tourists.
We returned home and while John and Marianne made supper I worked on photos.

John and Marianne used to own and sell a sewing machine store. They have been to many conventions in USA for Husqvarna.



Supper was delicious.
We had chicken in mushroom sauce, potato cubes, salad and avocado. We had enjoyable conversation and singing.

In the morning , I played some piano and took some photos of pictures on the wall that depicted Denmark so well.



I just had to play some of their music. 

Thank you for your hospitality and kindness to me , John and Marianne. I had fun and when my birthday comes I will play your song. May God bless you richly.

No comments:

Post a Comment