Sunday, August 4, 2019

Assens (Jan and Helle ) to Fjaellebroen (Lene) Day 22, 56.1 km

 Every morning Helle and Jan swim in the pond in the field behind their house. Helle was in first today. I was already dressed to bicycle so I just held the dog so he wouldn't get his foot wet.
 Jan came in after. He has been busy cleaning out some of the pond grasses which want to take  over. He likes to stand still and feel the carp go by and touch his legs

 Afterwards they showered and we had a nice breakfast together with a delicious glass of juice from their berries.
 Helle had to go to work in the vegetable store of her brothers so we said goodbye.
 A big hug of thank you
Later after packing I said goodbye to Jan but not before helping him find his lost phone and getting an address in Copenhagen from him. Thank you for opening your home to me, Jan and Helle. I enjoyed my visit. May God richly bless you.
I had a wet bicycle ride to Lene's house.  It started with drizzle and then twice I got rained on heavily. One time I took shelter under a row of trees and then further along, I went into a garage where the door was open. I also had trouble with my GPS signal disappearing and without it, my navigation program doesn't work. Finally I reached Lene's address. Lene lives in this big old house in Fjaellebroen, a small village. Next to her house is where her daughter,  Nina and husband, Frank and baby daughter, Fenja, live. I met Frank first and he directed me to Nina. He is Irish and at the end of this month they will all go to Ireland to have Fenja baptized. I unpacked and hung my covers in various places to dry. I went inside and she showed me my room and we had a cup of tea. I got Lene's  address through Susan. Lene was Paul-Eric's teacher for learning to counsel war veterans.  She is co-director of Bodynamic Organization and travels extensively teaching and giving lectures.

Lene, Fenja and Nina
Fenja
After a supper of meatballs, fried zucchini and potatoes, she took me out for a little tour even though it was still quite overcast.
First we went to the marina where we had an ice cream.


We stopped so I could photo this straw roof under construction.
Lene says this new house does not fit with the rest of the architecture of the area.

The sunset was very pretty.
We stopped and headed into the bush path in hopes of getting a glimpse of a castle.
There was too much foliage to see the castle and we landed down by the beach.
Start of the walk.
Sunset
This is the church where Lene's father's brother was a priest.

This is where he lived.
My bedroom.    Thank you , Lene for your kindness and hospitality to me. May God bless you richly. Have a nice trip to Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment