Friday, August 16, 2019

The Maritime Museum in Helsingør

After I finished touring the castle, it was near 11 o'clock so I was near the front of the line to go in the Maritime Museum which is all underground near the castle and the marina. Established in 1915, its collections cover Danish trade and the role of shipping from the 15th century to the present day. The museum building, opened in 2013 and designed by the architectural firm BIG-Bjarke Ingels Group, is a truly spectacular architecture built inside a former dry dock.
  I did a quick tour and then bicycled back to Margareta's house to see if my flag was there but no luck. I feel a little naked without it.
















I had waited to come in the building with a young family with two beautiful children. I saw them here again and asked if Rudolph could take my photo if I dressed up.

Rudolph and his family

The ferry to Sweden was going back and forth a lot while I was there in the morning.  It was very tempting to take but I have a place arranged already in Hundested and only have so many days left so I will save Sweden for another tome.

No comments:

Post a Comment