Sunday, August 4, 2019

Day 23, August 1, 2019 , 63 km. Fjaellebroen (Lene) to Nakslov (Anne Marie)




I had about 63 km. to cover today by bicycle. I like that distance because I don't feel rushed to leave a place and still arrive by the middle of the afternoon. The terrain remains relatively flat which is also nice.
I see many white Lutheran churches with orange roofs. I was told that they use chalk and not paint to get the white colour.
Going over the bridge to Langeland

View from the bridge

Nice little bicycle on this sign
He sells many things.
Today I saw two groups of uni-cyclists.
Crossing with water on both sides near Svendborg.


Reaching the 45 minute ferry from Langeland to Lolland.
View from ferry leaving Langeland.
I stopped at this little place for  a snack and ...
met Heide and Wilfried...
...and Heike from Hanover Germany. They are here on an 8 day schooner, bicycle trip similar to the bike -barge trip I will do with my sister in September in North Holland. We had a very nice visit.
Taken from the ferry.
This is Sanna, the first Canadian that I have met. I happened to make a wrong turn and she happened to see my Canadian flag. We would have visited longer on the street but a car came behind her.
In the country side again and down a long gravel lane brought me to my Couchsurfing hostess, Anne Marie. She lives alone on this big farm that is rented out. She showed me my room but because she had been taken  during the night by ambulance to the hospital with heart problems and had just returned home, she excused herself to get some rest. I got lots of work done in the bedroom while she rested.  At about 6 pm. she was up and gave me  a tour of the yard which she has done a lot of cleaning and trimming and planting work on.
The house
Artichoke plant
Artichoke flower
Strange tree ?
Anemones
Two of her cats

This cat was playful.
Fig tree
Figs
Cleared back yard where the deer like to come.
Anne Marie made  a nice supper for me- rice and sausage with spices and bread.
 After supper we talked extensively about our beliefs in God's son, Jesus. Then we did some research on her computer about Copenhagen.
 I told her about the bell cords that I have and am working on.
 I also wanted to touch and play her grand piano. She can play piano and cello and has a gifted son who owns his own music  school now.
In the morning when I left, I noticed the present Anne Marie's cats had left her- a dead rat.     Thank you Anne Marie for everything. You will be in my prayers. It was nice to share prayers with you. May God bless you richly.

No comments:

Post a Comment