Friday, August 16, 2019

Helsingør to Lillian and Niels in Hundested

After visiting the Kronborg Castle and Maritime Museum, I cycled back uphill toward Margareta's house because I had noticed that my Canadian flag was missing and I wondered if it might be in her backyard where I had covered my bicycle the night before. I passed Frederic speeding downhill and tried to stop him to ask if he had seen it but he was going too fast. I had to go all the way back but no luck for it was not there. I feel almost bare without it. I pedaled hard for the first two hours with the wind in my face for the first time because I was going west. I took a photo of some ruins-kongeborgen Gurre.


The countryside was hilly and there was a big lake in the distance. I had lunch after about an hour. Later I saw a beautiful rose garden and a big mound with heather on it.




I saw one windmill -Ramlese Molle .


Then I started to see the sea. I actually got to my destination one half hour early so I stopped by the windy seaside, pulled out my wet bicycle cover and had it dry in the wind. The outdoor toilet there was most unusual.







I wasn't given the correct address by Lene so it took a while and some asking before I found Lillian and Niels place.  I set up my tent in the backyard and went in and had tea and later a nice supper of quiche and tomato-avocado salad.






After supper Lillian took me for a short walk to the land by the sea owned by the 7 houses on her street.









J



Then we watched the sunset with two of her neighbours, Tine and Jette.

No comments:

Post a Comment