Saturday, August 10, 2019

Palle and Pia in Copenhagen Day 28, August 6th,2019, 40.3 km

I am headed to my stay in Copenhagen. This couple, Palle and Pia have been nice enough when called by Pia's sister, Helle who I stayed with at Assens to put me up for a few days. It was an overcast day when I would be bicycling. It had rained during the night. Claus and I had carried Silver downstairs and I later said goodbye to Trudy.

Going through a tunnel
Sections of the path went by lovely green areas by water.
I stopped under these bridges for a while to stay out of some rain.
Bicycle rides for the disabled or elderly

A preschool


A school
A giraffe in Denmark?
I stopped near this wooden playground at a McDonald's and had something to eat and worked on blog and watched where the very dark clouds were headed.
Approaching Copenhagen along this big channel of water
I also took another rest here because I was very early.
An apartment building
I arrived at Palle and Pia's garden home in a community of 163 garden homes about an hour before they would come home from work.  Pia works for the National Science Museum in the Graphic Arts department and Palle is a teacher. He came home first and showed me around. Then Pia came on her bicycle. She does 10 km. each way every day for work. Together they made me a nice supper of quiche and vegetables.

Sofus is 14 years old but still enjoys his walks
My bed
My desk
Supper
Quiche, cabbage salad, potatoes and side salad
Pointed cabbages
Rameses cuddling up to me
Piercing eyes
Gentle face
In the evening we went for a walk through Dragor, an area of old yellow houses kept almost like a living museum.
Narrow streets
They walk here quite often.
Streets lined with hollyhocks
Mirror for residents to see who is outside their house.

Sign
The marina
Sunset
The bridge to Sweden

No comments:

Post a Comment