Sunday, August 11, 2019

Rosenborg Castle

The sky was extremely dark and promised rain soon so I entered where you have to show your pass for the tour of Rosenborg Castle. Rosenborg Castle is a renaissance castle located in Copenhagen, Denmark. The castle was originally built as a country summerhouse in 1606 and is an example of Christian IV's many architectural projects. The palace is furnished in the style of the absolute monarchs of Denmark from the 17th to 19th centuries while the Danish crown jewels and the royal treasury are in the basement cellars of the castle. this 400 year old castle is full of memories of the cultural heritage of that time.
I am impressed that most of the tourist sites have free lockers for backpacks and pretty good toilet facilities. I had to wait three quarters of an hour before I could tour and just happened to be in the gift shop when the deluge of rain came down. Then I went out and took a few more photos before my tour time.
















No comments:

Post a Comment