Saturday, August 17, 2019

A Hostel in Aarhus

On the ferry to Aarhus I wondered what I could try for a place to stay. It was too wet to camp and too late to try Warmshowers or Couchsurfing. I thought of my nieces who had come to Europe and used hostels so I found two on the internet and when I disembarked I headed in the rain for the closest one. It was called City Sleep Inn.




From the outside it looks a little scary but I had 10 minutes to wait before it opened and I talked to one of the workers who said that the workers work hard to make it a nice place. So I waited until it opened and registered in for one night. There was a locked area for Silver so I unpacked all of my bags, locked her to a pallet and covered her up. My room was on the 3rd floor. It had 4 bunks so I chose a lower one. It was quiet in the building.



I had had a good lunch so I didn't need to eat again. I worked on blogs although their Wifi did not work. I tried sitting downstairs closer to the connection but it didn't help much. Most young people arrived at 6 or 7 o'clock. Some had children. Later when I checked my room there was a sleeping bag on another bed and a backpack but I did not see the girl until after 11 when I was tucked in  my bag. We talked in the morning. I met  Susanne from Norway. She is the first Norwegian to receive my John  3:16 card in Norwegian. She is 20 and has been travelling by herself all over Europe for a month using trains and buses. She will go home to Kristiansand today.



No comments:

Post a Comment