Sunday, August 4, 2019

Nakslov (Anne Marie) to Idestrup (Henrik and Bettina) 67 km. Day24, Aug. 2,2019

I had a nice bicycle ride from Anne Marie's place in Nakslov  area to Idestrup. At one rest stop just outside Nykøbing, I noticed some fruit trees. I thought that they might be cherries. I picked some red, some burgundy and some yellow and put them in a bag to give to Bettina. We later decided they were plums. At another place just before the ferry, I stopped and bought some yogurt and nuts and then decided to buy some flowers. I was excited to meet this Bettina who had messaged me a few times already. Susan had given me this contact.



When my Komoot lady told me that I had reached my destination, I looked up to see a pretty tanned lady in a cute dress with a lovely sunhat. I also saw the Danish flag on both sides of her driveway. We hugged each other and I felt so comfortable right away. Bettina introduced me to her husband, Henrik. After I unpacked, we sat at a nice table set at the front of the house and had lunch and got better acquainted. Henrik works in the building industry. He has refinished their home and is gifted with using his hands to design and make things. Bettina has many degrees and works with computers. They both started doing triathlons 4 years ago and own really light fast bicycles. They each have 2 grown children. I knew they had plans for tonight to go to a motorcycle show in Nyköbing and they let me try on Bettina's sister's jacket which fit perfectly. Then they found a helmet, Henrik's boots and gloves and a neck scarf for me to wear. I was all set!


After we knew the equipment would fit, they suggested I try their boot system for leg recovery since I had biked all day. It felt good on my legs except for my bottom right foot but maybe it needed it more.



On Henrik's bicycle- I got to ride with him. It was great fun.
Just sitting on Bettina's bike called "The Green Bitch"
In the city we met Dicte, Bettina's sister and Lotte, her mother.
Dicte could only stay for a little while. She works with children. She is 8 years older than Bettina.
Group shot-Bettina, Dicte, Mary Ann, Henrik and Lotte
A green tricycle
All different motorcycles lined the streets and some of the stores had merchandise outside. I tried wine tasting and chocolate tasting.

I told these policemen that my daughter and son-in-law are police and would like this photo.
Bettina took us out for supper. I had a chicken burger and fries.
This is Manser, Bettina's first husband with his sister, Charlotte. He is an avid motorcyclist and they are all friends.


Saying goodbye to Lotte
Skeleton decoration

The water tower
Ice cream for dessert
Many people had questions for Bettina and her customized green machine.
This is the local newspaper .
They have put an article about Silver and and myself and our trip and our stay with Bettina  and Henrik.
This is Margith who recognized the photo on my John 3:16 verse card for Denmark. They were made by a friend in Michigan called Mary Jane. I chose the photo from others. Apparently it is Gasadalur-faroe island and the waterfall is called Múla fossur.
Verse card message
Henrik and Bettina came home with two free bottles of wine.
This is what Bettina's motorcycle looked like before customization.
Her green helmet
A leather saddle that Henrik made.    We headed for bed at 11. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment