Thursday, August 15, 2019

Eric and Kirstine and family in Holte

This blog entry should have been published two entries after this!  Please read after the blogs Thank you Palle and Pia and Day 16 in Denmark ..What a rain storm!

 I arrived at Eric's house still in dry condition and Kirstine opened the door. She had just been bicycling home and did get caught in the rain in her last 800 meters. She had a shower while I unloaded Silver. Then we properly introduced and she helped me put Silver in the garage.  Kirstine used to work in Palliative care for many years. Now she is an assistant professor lecturing at a college for nursing. She hopes to work up to the position of associate professor and then professor. She has 3 children but just the younger two, Alberte and Aske live with her here.  I found out later that the reason Kirstine has no hair is a condition called Alopecia Areata,an autoimmune problem. She doesn't let that stop her from anything and has decided wigs are too fake and uncomfortable.  I feel one should look at the heart and not the looks anyway.  Her partner, Eric, also has children that come to visit on a regular basis. He works for SIMCORP, a computer security company and one of their customers is the Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan. He is an avid mountain biker and was going out for a ride after supper.



Alberte is 15 and in high school. She is a kayak racer .




Aske is 13 and in Grade 7 . He is on a team for kayak polo which I had never heard of so I had lots of questions about the rules of the game. Aske is also a drummer and played me a nice song keeping the volume down. He also plays acoustic guitar.





Kirstine made a nice supper of lamb which I have never eaten. It was lamb in a tomato and coconut milk sauce with various spices. We also had Danish potatoes. After supper, Eric went mountain biking and I went with Kristine and Alberte to the waterfront for a walk with Pippi, their little dog . I saw where they do their kayaking and we watched the sunset.






In the evening we all talked over a cup of tea and since school has started it was bedtime.

  Thank you Eric and Kirstine and Alberte and Aske for your hospitality, kindness and friendliness to me during my stay. May God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment