Thursday, August 15, 2019

Day 33, and Day 17 in Denmark, August 13th,2019 Holte to Margareta in Helsingør

I was able to stay at Kristine and Eric's house until about 1 pm because it would be a relatively short ride again. I got a lot of work done and it was raining off and on anyway. I had to ride through some rain today. The last part of the ride was along the water and I could see Helsingør getting closer and closer. The houses were very rich looking.










Finally I arrived in the city and my navigation lady on my phone took me up a very hilly side road in the garden community. I could not see her address. I didn't want to go down the big hill and then up again so I asked a man but he didn't know. I walked back and saw a little hidden door with two addresses. I left the bicycle and walked in. Margareta greeted me. She walked me around to another easier entrance to her yard which is full of vegetables and fruit trees. I unloaded and she wanted some quiet time because she had just finished work. She works as a palliative care nurse but also travels extensively and very cheaply using Workaway programs. She has been to Galapagus Islands, Patagonia, South Africa, South America.
In the evening a very exhausted other tourer called Frederic from France joined us. He us a writer and is headed to Sweden.

We had a simple supper together of bread from To Good to Go app, with cheese and jam and pastry for dessert. I got the couch, Frederic slept on the floor and Margareta in the loft.

Thank you Margareta for your hospitality and friendship to me. May God bless you.









No comments:

Post a Comment