Sunday, August 25, 2019

Thursday, August 22,2019 Day 44 Rest day at Dick and Carla's

It was so good to be back at Dick and Carla's house with them. I really needed the rest and to be in one place for a while. We had stayed up late on my train day talking after they had returned from their birthday party. I surprised myself that I slept until 8 am this morning instead of being awake at my usual 5 or 6 am. 

Dick works with his son, Marnix as accountants in an office right next to his house so he is relieved of the stress of driving to work every day. Carla brings coffee and tea into them every morning and afternoon. It is very nice and comfortable.

Right behind their yard is the Toolenburg Plus- a big recreational area for walking, bicycling, swimming and boating. Three times a day the dogs go for a walk in an area meant for dogs. I took them for a walk but worried about them listening to me. Their instructions have to be in Dutch.

The bigger dog is Victor and the brown Labrador is Sepp. He is as strong as a bull.

After walking the dogs, I went on my bicycle to find Hoogma Fietsen store to ask about my tires. My navigation program took me close. I noticed a Giant sign but not the Hoogma sign and thought it was another store. I walked up and down the streets and didn't see any other bicycle store so I went back and then I saw the Hoogma Fietsen sign way up high. I went in and asked the man about the tires but he said that they are still good and that there will be little cuts from the stones but that is normal. So I only bought 3 tubes, looked at Dutch bicycle bags and then left.

Carla had to work this evening. She works with home care . She will come home but Dick always waits up for her and sits with her for about an hour while she unwinds.

Dick made a nice supper of stir fried chicken, vegetables and spiral noodles. We had yogurt for  dessert and after cleaning up we spent the evening talking until Carla came. We had an excellent conversation about faith and works.  It was after 1 am. when I got to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment