Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sunday, August 25th, 2019 Day 47-A Spree of Hot Weather.

I always wake up around 5am. or so, pee and then go back to sleep until about 8 am. Then I stay quiet until I hear Dick or Carla. Today I was awakened by a phone call from Tante Thea. I can go visit her tomorrow. So it was about 10:30 am. when I came downstairs. I was hungry so I made a cup of tea and ate a raisin bun. At about 11:30 am., Daniel and Mariska came and I gave them the wedding card and tea towels I had brought for them.  Marnix and Rineke also came and we all enjoyed nice conversation while having a croissant and a bun and tea. We took a group photo later and then had a turnover and tea and coffee.



Daniel and Mariska left to go to a festival with about 50,000 thousand people and lots of music and dancing. Maybe we might be able to see the fireworks tonight. Marnix was inside working on the problem Dick was having with his TV reception. So Dick, Rineke, Carla and I continued talking.
After they all left, I went with Dick to walk the dogs. After that I decided to walk around the lake and go for a swim.

There were lots and lots of bicycles and people because it was over 30 degrees. I took lots of photos as I walked around.

 The part of the lake right behind Dick's house

Toolenburger strand ( beach)

No dogs, no fishing


 Very busy today-bicycles and people







 Newfoundland dogs as rescue dogs




 Wildlife



 3 sections like this


 On the other side of the part of the lake by Dick's

 The main beach again after my walk around




Then I had a quick dip and returned home. Dick and Carla were getting ready to bicycle to Carla's side of the family for a BBQ. After they left I had a shower, called Frans Gerrits about tomorrow but he did not want a visit. I heated my supper which was a big helping of leftovers from Dick's meal from the other day. I worked the whole time on blogs and Facebook until I was caught up to date for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment