Sunday, August 25, 2019

Saturday, August 24th, 2019 Day 46 Visit with Cousin Lia and Pen pal Corry

In the morning I went with Dick to do some groceries for them and also some chicken and vegetables and dessert and pastry for my supper for Lia and Corry. It was so nice that Dick and Carla would let me entertain two friends while they were gone to an anniversary and birthday party. After we did the groceries I had breakfast and later I went for a jog around the lake. It was my first jog in a long time but it felt good and I didn't have to stop. Then I showered. Later after I helped Carla fill Dick's Presta tubes on his bicycle, they left at 3:30 pm. because it would be an hour bicycle ride. I called Tante Thea to set up a visit for this week but no answer. Then I put some items out to make the supper. Lia and Corry arrived on time at 4:30 pm. 




They had a beautiful bouquet of roses for me. I put them in the nearest big container that I could find in the kitchen. Then I showed them the house and the yard. Afterwards we had crackers, brie cheese and spreads. We talked and tried to get a What's App to each other with no luck. I have to ask Carla to help me later.

 I took some selfies to show them how my phone pen and voice can make a photo. Then I made a stir fry chicken, vegetable and noodle supper and we ate at the big dining table after I said the blessing.

 Lia, my cousin. Her father, Juur was brother to my father, John

 Lia and her first cousin, Corry who was my pen pal when she was younger. She would write to me. I would correct it and send it back to her.

 After supper we took the dogs for a pee and then walked back and sat in the backyard by the fountain.

Lia gave Corry and I a handmade little dollhouse ornament. It was a photo of Joseph, Mary and Jesus.

 With Lia

With Corry

I made them coffee and brought out dessert yogurt and a fruit turnover. They left at about 8:30 pm. It had been a lovely visit. Maybe we will see each other again before I go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment