Saturday, August 17, 2019

Couchsurfer host Chanette

I left the museum and rode my bicycle back to Arhus. It was mostly downhill which was nice. I stopped at the waterfront and watched some kayakers having a lesson.


 I had an apple, some licorice candies and some nuts. Then I bicycled down to the marina to look around.


Finally I tried to find a downtown street. I walked along the canal street that was full of food places. I stopped and had a lunch of a BLT sandwich and fries.



I walked further and watched some kayakers and students on stilts and other ones in groups by the canal.




Finally it was 4 o'clock and I put  Chanette's address into Komoot and cycled about a kilometer to her apartment building.





We greeted each other and she helped carry Silver into the basement storage area. She was having her parents for dinner and they also just arrived and I was introduced to Jan and Marianne.

My help was not needed in the kitchen so I visited with Jan in the backyard.
The ladies made a nice supper of pork meatballs, potato cubes and salad.
Chanette is a social worker dealing with problem children. She is also a professional wine taster. She just moved here 4 months ago. Her parents used to sell sewing machines but are now retired.

We had a very enjoyable evening. Chanette's parents had brought her a new memory foam mattress for her bed since she has a bad back. John and Marianne invited me to stay at their house tomorrow night since I was bicycling to Silkeborg where they live. Chanette had a great thought. Since I was staying with her parents the next day, they could bring some of my things ahead in their car to lighten my load. What a great idea. I filled a bag full.
Thank you Chanette for your hospitality and kindness to me. May God richly bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment