Saturday, August 17, 2019

Day 39 of trip, Day 21 of Denmark, 25 km , Moesgaard Museum

I woke up early and chatted with Susanne and then did some blog work. . I had been accepted by Chanette from Couchsurfing for a place to stay tonight after 4 o'clock so I had all day to spend outside  doing things. Then I bicycled uphill out of the city for about 10 km. to the Moesgaard Museum. Moesgaard Museum is a Danish regional museum dedicated to archaeology and ethnography. It is located in Højbjerg, a suburb of Aarhus, Denmark. It was established in 1970. Moesgaard Museum is a huge attraction not only because of the architectural design of the museum and the exhibitions, but also due to its location in the beautiful natural surroundings in south of Aarhus, overlooking the woods and sea. All in all, the Moesgaard estate covers 100 hectares of park, forest, fields and coast, which is traversed by paths for walking, horse riding and mountain biking.
The sky was threatening. After going too far and asking a man working in his garage for directions, I retraced my ride and found the huge museum . It is a long sloping cement building with a grass roof.



I took my time looking at the history of Denmark sculptures, photos , displays and interactive areas.
















No comments:

Post a Comment