Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Day 26, August 4,2019 67.2 km, Idestrup (Henrik and Bettina) to Naestved (Nina)

Bettina and Henrik were off before me today. They had their long bicycle ride today. When I left Idestrup, I passed a lot of the bicyclists that were probably way behind Bettina and Henrik.
The weather is very good and the farmers everywhere are bringing in the wheat and oats. Fine pieces of it blow in the wind and stick to my sun tan lotion.
This field has been done for a while.
Their machines are huge.
I had to cross from the island of Falster to Sjaelland over a long bridge.
Selfie
I was glad that it wasn't too windy.
Marcus came up behind me and we rode together talking but when I went to give him my cards, I decided to stop so I wouldn't get hurt. His English was very good and he has been in America. He also has 5 children but 4 boys with a girl in the middle. He just has a new bicycle recently and likes the change from running.
He insisted on taking my photo also.
My grandson, David, knows how to ride a penny farthing like this one.
Old car.
Nice view
Gladiolas
Flying motorcycle
Finally I came to Naestved and saw this huge tower down the street. I came to my destination address but no one was home. I called Nina and she was at an 80th birthday party for her mother but I could set up my tent in the back yard. I got Nina's name through a new Danish website called "brug min baghave" which means "use my backyard". You can stay in their backyard for free. I set up my tent and sat and worked on my phone. When Nina came home she was with two of her grandchildren. Nina is a teacher and speaks many languages. She made a cup of tea and we visited.

Nina
Nova is 12
Melua is 11
Nina makes Schnapps flavoured with walnuts. Usually potatoes are used.
She invited me to share this rice and sauce meal with them.
Melua, Nina and Nova
Melua is active in Handball. She is a goalie. Nova likes to do art and showed me her sketches. She is good at doing faces.
Both girls made me a present from yarn that they worked with. Thank you.
Nina's  backyard
The tower is a water tower but looks like a flying saucer over her house.


The side garden. Thank you Nina for being my first brug min baghave hostess. May God bless you and your grand children.

1 comment:

  1. Thamk you yourself
    i was very nice to have you!!!
    You gave my grandchildren an experience for life
    <3

    ReplyDelete