Thursday, August 15, 2019

Day 16 in Denmark , Mon. Aug.12 ,2019, 24.4km., What a rain storm

It was sad to have to leave Palle and Pia after so many days. I had such a good time  with them in Copenhagen. They even allowed me to stay one day longer when my stay with Ann Riemer in Espergaerde was cancelled because her daughter needed an emergency appendectomy surgery. I had tried a new Warmshowers in Helsingør but they were too busy but she gave me the name of her sister Kirstine whose partner Eric was a Warmshowers host. So I was off to Holte at about 1 o'clock after having a nice shower and working on blogs all morning after Palle and Pia had gone to work.

I did not have too far to go so I was bicycling at an easy pace. The sky, however looked very threathening. At about 3 pm, I came to Holte and stopped to pee in some bushes that backed to the train line. Then I got on the bike and just as I rounded the little path to go on a street it started to rain. I saw a carport and went immediately under it. Thank God that I did because I have NEVER seen it rain so hard. It was a deluge. I stayed and put on my rain gear. I checked the radar on my phone and it was not promising. After about an hour with no break in the weather a man came out of the house which I thought had been empty. It was Finn and I explained my situation and gave my cards. He said I could stay and wait out the weather. Later after more rain and loud claps of thunder, his wife, Ann, came home and I told my story anew.

Finally there was a little break in the storm and I gunned the last 4 kilometers to my address for the night with Kirstine and Eric.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment