Sunday, May 25, 2014

88. Europe Bicycle Trip--Zeehondentocht Met De Geus--Seal Watching

In the afternoon at 2pm  I went on an excursion to find zeehonden (seals). It was on a rubberboat called DeGeus. There were about 10 of us. The family behind me was from Thailand and England and the couple at the back were from the Netherlands. I had the front row seat all to myself.
De Geus
Up front
The lady from Thailand took my photo.
We headed FAST over to the direction of Texel Island and soon in the distance we could see a group of seals on the sand.
I took many photos and videos. The seals in the water are very hard to capture on film because they come up and then go under so fast.
The boat would move close and then back off and then come close again. It was a safe distance so as not to scare the seals lying on the beach.
Chilling out!
Stretching
Coming back from a swim
I'm going to check out that boat!
Grampa!
I wish that I had some fish to give you.
How many?
Usually we could only see the head. This seal came quite close. They are very curious.
Almost touching
A goodbye wave
The boat goes very FAST. I rescued a sunhat that flew off one of the ladies heads. I had to crawl under the bar in front of my seat.
This selfie wasn't easy to do with all the wind and waves. This seal watching experience BLEW me away. It was great!

1 comment: