Wednesday, May 14, 2014

59. Europe Bicycle Trip--Day 19--Boerderij Geertje--Goats, goats and more goats!

My friend Caroline has a cousin in South Holland that has a goat farm for children to come to. There are goats, pigs , cows and calves, rabbits, boats, toys, an ice cream stand, a restaurant and cabins to stay in.  Because it was Freedom Day and beautiful weather, it was extremely busy. I walked around , took photos, said a quick hello, enjoyed the ice cream that they so kindly offered and then went to find the other address that I had mistaken earlier.
I could see the busy goat farm from the top of a bridge as I approached.
It's for free!
You can buy a bottle of milk to feed the "kids".
All the children were busy.
I think the older goats were jealous.
The children could go right inside some of the pens.
The restaurant and gift shop.


Adults were relaxing in the sun.
Ada and Wim van Rijn (Wim is Caroline's cousin-Her father was brother to Wim's mother.Wim is also a brother of Wil Maaijen in a previous blog)
Although they were VERY busy serving ice cream cones, they took time for photos, gave me a cone and Wim helped to show me on the map where his sister, Corrie, lives so I can visit her next.
I walked around a little more.
Baby calves
Then I left and headed to the proper 22 Westeinde Weg .Thank you Wim and Ada. You have a very nice boerderij.

3 comments:

  1. Am really enjoying this blog--it's a lot like doing the tour myself with no work : ) Glad you are having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dane would have loved the Goat Farm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looked amazing!! All the kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete