Saturday, May 17, 2014

66. Europe Bicycle Trip--The "Schuur" (Shed) of an Artist


I arrived in Hillegom over the lunch hour and the GPS (I think I will name it soon) got me to the address quickly.


I was to stay in the "schuur" or shed of Annie Kroesen. It was a building behind her house and it was like having a little motel room. There was a kitchen, eating area, and bed and TV and a bathroom with a shower. Just after I arrived it started to rain and continued for the rest of the day. Usually you are not supposed to arrive until 5 pm but I was very happy that Annie had let me come early because I would have been soaked.I could not walk around Hillegom but I did work on my journal and she came over for tea in the evening and we had a nice visit together.
Annie lives alone and has lots of people come to stay in her "schuur" as evidenced by a look through her guest book.
Annie is an artist and the "schuur" has many of her paintings on the wall.
This one was in the kitchen where you would hang up your coat.
This one reminds me of a fish painting that my daughter, Emily,our artist, has done.
How appropriate for the Netherlands!
A hot cup of tea on a rainy day !

1 comment:

  1. A very nice cozy place to stay and keep dry. Thank you Annie!

    ReplyDelete