Saturday, May 17, 2014

63. Europe Bicycle Trip-- My First Stay With Vrienden Op De Fiets (Friends of the Bicycles

I arrived in Oegstgeest at about 4:30 pm.
I Love Cows !
This elderly couple were also following the points and we shared information.
I found the address with the help of the GPS. Hans, my host, just came home. He has a job as a chef. His girl friend is away on vacation.
My upstairs bedroom. I spent some time arranging my stay in Hillegom tomorrow. I had planned to perhaps stay here and in Hillegom with my friend, Caroline's family or at least visit them but it has not worked out(which is fine).
The view from my bedroom window
No parking!
I feel like this some times!
Hans collects beer glasses. He has 4 walls full.

Sound asleep!
I like this!
He has traveled extensively and these are some memorabilia from Africa. He has also been to Nova Scotia, Malaysia,Vietnam and India.

Hans likes to cook!
We spent the evening chatting and looking at each other's pictures.
Hitching a ride
Many bicycles!







In the morning, Hans made me breakfast and we said goodbye. I told him that it was great to have him as my first Friend of the Bicycle host.

1 comment: