Saturday, May 10, 2014

52. Europe Bicycle Trip--Day 17- Follow the Leader ! Lots of Windmills!

Today is Saturday,May 3rd and it is a beautiful day. Everyone was busy at the local rowing club.


Ome Jan, Tante Betty and I were on another bicycle ride around the area practicing knooppunten. I was in the lead today and was doing much better. We did 32 km.
Tante Betty planned our route to go past several windmills. In this photo, you can see 3 of them . They are all kept in good condition.
a
This swan was sitting on her nest so we did not get too close.
Typical Dutch scene
I think there was a fishing derby along this road as there were many men all set up with fancy chairs and equipment. I see people fishing in the canals every day.
Another beautiful Dutch home.
Perspective!
Fancy gables and windows and manicured hedges
A pretty "sloitje"
Along a very pretty,curvy road we met Theo and Marjalyn Versteegen pedaling today from Castricum to Zoeterwoude in preparation for an upcoming touring trip to the Pyrennes in France. I handed them my card and they wished me well.
Many driveways in the curves of the highway have mirrors to help the cars back out safely.
The road was busy with bicyclers, motorcyclers and "wandelers" There are many walking paths and routes throughout the Netherlands.
This basket over the water is for ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment