Wednesday, May 21, 2014

77. Europe Bicycle Trip--The WaddenZee

After a short stop at the ticket booth for the boat to Vlieland, I had lunch and started south along the side of the island by the WaddenZee. It was low tide.
The sea in the background
Low tide
The shape of the coast line
These teens were going on a field trip. I wanted to go taht way but saw them all walking so I thought bicycles were not allowed. However when I went farther down the road I eventually had to turn around and ride back to this spot with  the wind in my face. Then I rode up this and was back on the dike bicycle path.
All the student's bicycles
The low tide, a paved embankment and the bicycle path
Beside the bicycle paththere is a dike and that is where the sheep graze.
An inland wet area is a utopia for birds
The wetland
A lovely scene
"Wadlopen" -walking in the low tide
White mother-black baby
A memorial to those that have died
The barge that Mike and Penny are on in Oudeschilde
A bunker from the war

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous place to bicycle! Looks like it was an amazing day.

    Love S

    ReplyDelete