Saturday, May 17, 2014

64. Europe Bicycle Trip--Day 22--The Dunes

On Day 22, Thursday, May 8, I headed away form Oegstgeest and toward the Noord Zee (North Sea.). I had lots of time today to reach hillegom so I was going out of the way to see the sea and the Dunes.
A monument by the sea for those that have died.
Jen, who was out for a bike ride took the time to take my photo.
The North Sea and the dike
The wind was on my back as I headed into the dunes.
What a change of landscape!
Lots of sand and hills
There was one path for bicycles and one for walkers.
Approaching Noordwijk aan Zee-a resort area
There is a statue of Queen Wilhelmina who reviewed the troops here.
This seaside town is full of hotels. This is Hotel van Oranje.
The lighthouse
This museum was not open yet.
It would have been interesting to tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment