Wednesday, May 21, 2014

75. Europe Bicycle Trip--Day 27--Afternoon Ride and Paradise

The afternoon was very windy but sunny.
I came to the north part of North Holland province where we had walked through the tulip fields but it is now the end of the season and the growth is going into the bulbs.
I arrived at Callantsoog which I had thought  earlier would be my destination for today but it was still early so i kept going on.
An interesting woven fence
Later, i cycled into den helder and went to the ANWB office where I was able to buy 3 more of the Knooppunten maps.
The ferry to Texel goes every half hour so I did not have to wait long. it only costs 5 Euro.
The crossing over the Marsdiep Texelstroom-a narrows going to the Waddenzee
I bicycled about 15 minutes into a west woind to reach Den Hoorn-a small town. I met my hosts, Truce and Floris, a retired sailor.
't Parreldijs -The Paradise, a converted shed in their back yard is my home for 2 nights
The outside patio
The kitchen
The sitting area of the bedrrom
The bed
dis

1 comment: