Saturday, May 17, 2014

67. Europe Bicycle Trip--Day 23--Lightening My Load in Hoofddorp

Today is Day 23, May 9th and I am doing a short ride to stay with my cousin, To in Heemestede BUT since Hoofddorp was not far out of the way, I called Dick and Carla to see if I could drop off some items to lighten my load. I was most welcome and landed up staying for morning coffee and lunch as we Carla and I got easily sidetracked looking at photos. Thank you for tea and lunch and letting me store more of my belongings in the bedroom.
Carla and Dick have gone on various vacations with their sons and have very nice photo books and also photos on the computer.
Mannix was busy at work and we only interrupted him when we needed words translated.
Son Daniel
Quintus and Victor
They have 4 cats.
On holiday in Mexico-(boys with their girl friends)
"Sinter Klaas"-the family would be going walking in the mud of low tide in the Wadden Sea
"Sinter Klaas"-Dick got this huge paper mache barbell. At "Sinter Klaas" you give funny gifts.
Carla's mother "Dickie" with friend Dick
Nice smile, Mannix.
One of the dogs as a puppy
The litter
Dick's brother, Cook, with the help of his brothers has changed this tulip bulb warehouse into a home.
The tulip bulb crates
The field behind the house where the bulbs used to be grown.
Cook collects old cars like my cousin, Joe , in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment