Thursday, May 22, 2014

82. Europe Bicycle Trip--Eureka Orchid and Vogelbush--The Vogel (Bird) Part

I spent about  two hours at Eureka Orchid and Vogelbush because I was there with enough time to wander around and then there was an inside demonstration followed by an outside one with bigger birds. I took lots of photos and videos. I had my lunch before the demonstrations.
There were lots of birds, but not as many butterflies as they are just starting that part.
Colourful parakeets
This one was looking back.
A foursome of very bright "vogels"
Many of the birds were in cages and they were very hard to photo so I landed up just taking pictures of the signs.
There were several fish ponds.
Selfie
Food for the birds
This is Rambo, the first bird in the demonstration. he obeyed the trainer and went back and forth to various places in the room.
This is Hans who made a loud chattering noise and was stubborn today and wouldn't come back to the trainer.
The show must go on so the trainer left Hans in the rafters and brought out Snap, a little gray owl. I was sitting in the front row and got a good photo of him.
Pietje was the last inside bird. I was lucky that I didn't get "hit"  because they all flew over me to get back to the front rail.
I got to hold Pietje but he wouldn't turn around to the camera.
European owl
Canadian owl
An Eagle called "Meryl"
The trainer taking the hood off from the eagle's head.
Different men in the audience got to put on the glove and hold the heavy bird.
On the way out, I talked to this cute parakeet.

1 comment: