Saturday, May 3, 2014

35. Europe Bicycle Trip-Day 9 afternoon-Lost , Lost and Lost and Mess, Mess, Mess

While Sarah and Dane had a nap, Ome Frits and Tante Thea kindly came again to bring me to Hoofddo rp near Schiphol airport to Hoogsma Fietsen, the bicycle store. My bicycle was ready but then I noticed that the handlebar was not in the correct spot that I had marked with black marker. They fixed that and I took it out for a test drive and everything was great. (although I noticed later that the spacers had not been put in the front rack. I was surprised that they did not take Visa or Mastercard. Ome Frits and Tante Thea then drove to Dick and Carla VanderPrijt's house and I was to bike there. My first riding here. Well I got lost right after the first roundabout and asked a lady for help. She told me a short cut and of course I got lost again. I think I probably asked about 10 people in the 4 km route and then at the very end Dick's odd house number wasn't opposite the even number across the street so I had to call and found out that I was only 300 meters away. I hope I get better at navigation!
The short cut lady (I should have back tracked)
I start in Dutch and then we mix Dutch and English.
When I arrived at Dick and Carla's house, we only parked Silver in the garage and unloaded my bags and suitcase from the car and then had to say goodbye so we would miss the busy rush hour traffic. I only got one photo of the backyard but when I get to Day 12 there will be more of their beautiful house.
After Dane's nap Sarah took him to the park down the street that has deer, chicken, ducks and small kangaroos.
Later in the back yard, Margot adorned Dane with some of the "King's Day" attire and balloons used by her students.
Sarah was getting ready for tomorrow by doing her nails orange.
Supper was delicious spaghetti.
Dane who doesn't use a spoon yet invented his own way of eating it.
He also thought it was delicious and just couldn't get enough.
Mess, mess, mess. I don't think Margot's floors have seen that for awhile. We cleaned the floor every day!

1 comment:

  1. Yey for your first bike ride! It will get better!!!!

    ReplyDelete