Friday, May 2, 2014

31. Europe Bicycle Trip-Day 8-Amsterdam Museum Day-Networking!

As we walked to the Van Gogh Museum we passed the I AMSTERDAM  sign. We stopped to have an ice cream before tackling another museum. Dane liked that a lot.
There were 2 lineups for this museum. We  were in the shorter LONG line for people with museum cards. We had to wait about an hour and I made friends with a lady behind me. Beatrix is a teacher from Germany. She is here with her daughter for the long Easter weekend. Guess what? She lives near the Rhine river and not too far into Germany. I gave her my card and she gave her address and phone number. I really hope that I get to meet her again!!! At the Van Gogh museum, cameras are not allowed at all so SORRY, but I have no photos. It was nice but smaller than Sarah had thought. Dane can brag later that his Gramma changed his poopy diaper in the special bathroom there!
We took the tram to the flower market and expected to see lots of fresh flowers but the booths were mainly for selling bulbs.Sarah did do some shopping in the souvenir stores there.
Heading down the Flower Market
Dane fell asleep and I waited with him by Santa Claus and a Christmas tree with Delft blue decorations.
An interesting War Monument
Another monument of sorts??
...it is made up of bicycle locks (perhaps from everyone that has had a bicycle stolen in Amsterdam.
Peek a Boo--Wooden shoes!
After a long day and train ride, Margot picked us up from the train at Uisgeest and had a delicious dessert for us--orange to celebrate the upcoming King's Day.  Thank you, Margot!

1 comment: