Saturday, May 24, 2014

86. Europe Bicycle Trip--Day30--A Bicycle Ride Around Half of Vlieland

It is Day 30 already. Time sure flies by. I came to the Netherlands on April 17th and now it is May 16th. It is Friday so many tourists will be arriving today for the weekend.
I walked along the top of the dike by the water and noticed the beautifully manicured back yards. I was on my way to buy my ticket for the ferry that will leave at 5pm.
Perfect
A statue at the waterfront honouring pioneers of this island
Advertisements for daytrips on the truck that I had been on last night
I passed that last night also.
Flowers and bicycles go together.
Flowers again
An old cannon
Then I started bicycling and went to the marina.
The importance of SAND to the Netherlands--the methods 9of adding sand are in English on this sign.
Every year tons of sand are added to the sea
I would have loved to go horse riding but I had scheduled a seal hunting boat ride so i continued with my cycling.
The name of a huge campsite in the dunes.
Tent city
A huge water meter was by this sign.
I think they do lots of 4 wheeling in the dunes on these hills. I cycled the half of the island that is not military land and then returned for my lunch at Nel's house.
This marsh in the dunes attracted a lot of birds.
The fire tower and light beacon

2 comments:

  1. Ohh loved tent city! Everything is so pretty, and looked like a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another day with a beautiful blue sky. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete