Sunday, May 18, 2014

68. Europe Bicycle Trip--Meeting a Cousin For The First Time and The Stork Nest

My final destination for today was Heemestede, where I was born in 1947 in the house of my Van der Prijt  grandparents. T was headed to meet my cousin To. Her mother Cornelius was to my father, John. She is 81 and lives alone . She has 2 daughters, Jeannette who lives nearby in Hoofddorp and Jacqueline who lives in Sweden. My cousin,  Theo who lives in Canada, gave me her address because he has also stayed here in the past. To welcomed me with open arms. It was so nice! The weather continued to be rainy during my stay here so I didn't bicycle too much.
My place of birth!
Play area and farm land across the street
To's house
To has a small glass of wine late in the afternoon.
The living room
The kitchen
Preparing supper
My bedroom for the next 3 nights.
The view from my bedroom window
Sitting down to supper-To let me say grace.
Salad, boiled potatoes. carrots and peas and a nice piece of beef.
Cousin Theo had told me about a stork nest.Now there are two of them.
I think this one had something in it.
Every day the storks were walking around in the grass.

1 comment: