Wednesday, May 14, 2014

61. Europe Bicycle Trip--Day 20--Norwegian Cyclists and Goodbye and Thank You !!

Today, Tuesday, May 6 ,was to be my last day with Ome Han and Tante Betty until I see them again on the east side of the Netherlands where they will be camping for 8 weeks in Ruurlo, Gelderland. They are very happy with the over one hundred kilometers that we have done this week together. For their ages, they are doing extremely well physically for their age. Thank you so much for everything!
I see windmills every day!
Most are from the 1600-1800's.
For Caroline Pouw--a Dutch door to door mailman in a small town
This part of the bicycle path was beautiful.
Tante Betty with the flowering bushes
We coaxed Ome Jan to come back for a photo and he was asked to please smile!
A wooden carved man
This "modern" big Dutch house was in the countryside and is most unusual for the Netherlands.
Our first ferry ride of the day
We met this friendly group of cyclists from Norway.
They were amazed that I was travelling alone and I told them that I was not alone but that God was with me and they all agreed. I gave them my card and told them to check out the blog but that I was about a week behind.
We were cycling around the Brassermermeer today.
We had a little more wind but the drizzle did not come until the last road going back to the caravan.
Desteree was the second ferry. The ferry ride each time was 1.50 Euros.
On the ferry
Silver and I
An interesting pulley system to get the mail from the road and over the water to the house.
These skaters needed a push from me.
When I couldn't budge them, Tante Betty took a turn.
A treat after our venture. Thank you!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so so glad you got to ride and visit so much with jan and betty!!

    ReplyDelete