Friday, May 23, 2014

85. Europe Bicycle Trip---Nel Cupido--My Hostess on Vlieland


The bicycle ride to the village was on a nice road next to the water.
Lots of horses were grazing in the fields.
The only village on the island of Vlieland is Oost-Vlieland
I had a chat with this lady who was working in her garden.
Dorpstraat-the main street
My Friends of the Bicyclers address for tonight
The backyard
Just behind the backyard is a bike path, the dike with a path and the Waddenzee.
Nel,who is 84 is looking forward to moving into a retirement place.
Nel has a store in the front of her house where she sells a variety of items.
Love boxes
Touques
She knits them all herself.
Dutch dolls
A bed and couch for me.
The kitchen area
I unpacked my things and walked down the main street which was crowded with tourists. It is holiday time for school children so there are many here. I decided to eat out at Pannenkoekenhuis de Lickebaert. I had a big apple pancake but it didn't take me long to eat it.
Thank you for everything, Nel, especially for letting me use the room and shed until my ferry left the next day in the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Nel! Wow loved all her knitting - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete