Wednesday, May 28, 2014

92. Europe Bicycle Trip--Bicycling Through Friesland from Harlingen to Drachten--80 k

A very  nice looking house
There are not very many decorated mail boxes here as there are strict rules about them.
All the farmers are busy since the weather is so nice.
Mother sheep looks tired!
This young sheep was interested in the camera.
Insect houses
A wide canal
Oh !
First ferry crossing of the day
A very pretty area along the bicycle path
Waiting for the second ferry
Going sailing
Wandelers
The wandelers took my photo.
One of the millions of frogs croaking loudly today.
Inge, a school teacher, came along and helped me find the third ferry location.
We rode together and chatted all the way into Drachten where she teaches.She was out for a long bicycle ride while her boyfriend was playing football (soccer).
My bicycle, Silver is a Specialized and this is the first Specialized store that I see in the Netherlands.
This man helped me find the grocery store in Drachten and I bought some food for the next day and then continued on to find my Friends of the Bicyclers address.
Tmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2 comments:

  1. It was nice to see people out with their walking poles. I use mine every day. Do you stay with Friends of the bicyclers every night? Sounds like a good idea. I am enjoying your blog every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful locations for photography sessions! ;)

    ReplyDelete