Thursday, September 7, 2023

Vero 's school and morning tour of Rochefort

 In the morning Vero suggested a tour of her school because full classes didn't start until the next day.



The school is for 15 to 18 year olds. There are about 1500 students. The whole upper level is for different kinds of science like chemistry, physics, geology, astronomy, optical, electrical and more.

The only problem with the school is that there are inadequate parking spaces.

In her office

With her collegue, Marion who has a son going to school in Quebec

Labs- It is Vero's job to order, stock and prepare experiments.

Clean and ready for tomorrow
We went back to her house and said goodbyes. I left a little later.

 Last night Vero had suggested a few places for me to see in the city so I used google map to find them. This is a religious building.

Main street colourful with umbrellas

A memorial

An arch in the centrum- Place Colbert


City hall
              
Market today

Umbrellas in the air of main street

Corderie Royale
Arch to enter Arsenal Mers
Sign


Louis xv boat

Barracks

Wall




Later in the day along the path there was another gated wall.

I met these two ladies several times today.

Francoise and Claire enjoy going on week long bicycle trips together.



On the strange ferry

Pont Trans Bordeur
It is pulled across by these cables from above. 




Elisabeth ran past me and then turned and called for me to stop. She has a son in Montreal. We talked for a while.

She insisted on taking my photo.

Finally I arrived in Royan. Komoot did not send me along the ocean but on roads more inland which was more direct but also hotter and busier.

An interesting windmill mailbox

I stopped at a grocery store to buy some groceries and gifts for the hosts like nuts, grapes and almond squares. The pop bottles are gigantic.


My Couchsurfing place for tonight. They didn't answer so I settled in the shade of the front yard. I found out a little later that they were just next door for a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment