Saturday, September 30, 2023

Cook today and Bicycle Ride

Dick called me into the office this morning to help celebrate Lilian's birthday. I had one of the delicious sweet desserts and she was just having an apple.

I volunteered to cook supper tonight so I went to Albert Heijn to buy lettuce, vegetable mix, precooked noodles and broccoli and mushrooms and carbonara cream and a strawberry dessert.
 
Later I rode my bike to meet Carla at the garden center farther down the IJweg. She was there to buy dog and cat food.

They actually have a separate pharmacy where you pick up dog and cat medicines.

Carla choosing 4 different flavours of cat wet food.

I went from the garden center down the IJweg  to Nieuw Vennup and turned right to go to Biensdorp and Hillegom.

Church in Hillegom

Still a lot of colour in the fields. This is sedum.

World's greatest fun park

Water fun park

 After going through Bennebroek I arrived in Heemstede where I was born.

Nice cyclepath

After stopping at a place that I thought looked like Beckesteijn and exploring it and finding out that it is not and Beckesteijn is much farther away, I decided to change direction and start heading back to Dick's.  There was a park called Groenedale and I went forward to go through the gate. I lost control of the handlebar of the bike and started to fall. A lady was coming behind me and grabbed the gate to make it sturdy and I was able to right myself and then get through. We started to talk. I introduced myself and gave her my card. Elisabeth and I talked so long that she suggested for us to go back to the restaurant on the main street. We ordered a drink and as I sipped on my cola and ate my brownie square we got to know each other. She said she grew up in East Indies and was placed in a Japanese internment camp from age 5 to 12. That must have been very traumatic! She insisted on bicycling part of the way back with me up to Cruquis. As we departed we made plans to
 meet again the following day.

.
These dogs reminded me of Sepp.

The Konijnenberg restaurant

Elisabeth and I had a good visit. One minute we were strangers and the next minute we were friends.

I took a photo of this windmill on the way home.

I also saw these horses pulling a wagon.

Then I went home to make supper. I used their liquid butter to brown the chicken breasts. But when I added water to cook the inside of the chicken breasts, steam rose up in the kitchen and I didn't kbow how to turn on the fan. I had to call Carla . She turned on the fan and I opened the windows but the fire alarm went off and she didn't know the combination. Dick was out exercising so she called Marnix. Finally I had supper ready.

We all thought it tasted pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment