Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Train Trip back to Netherlands

The only photo that I got in Béziers of the château in the distance and through the car window. 
 
Waiting patiently for one train to pass and mine would be the next one.

How am I going to manage all this luggage?

Thank you for your great help my angel, Rachael. ( full story in previous blog) 
May God bless you.

The train stopped briefly for two minutes in Séte, Montpellier, Nimes, Orange, Montélimar, Valence, Lyon.
It passed through the Parc Naturel Regional du Morvan

Then it stopped in Versailles, Paris, Picardie, Arras, Lillie and finally Brussels. 


















Selfie




I met Alan and Kate   who are returning to England from a vacation in Italy.

With Kate It was too bad that we just started talking with each other just before they had to get off.






3 hours of waiting that I didn't have to do and the worry of not knowing where that train would be arriving it------all that was fogotten now and I enjoyed the Thalys ride . It stopped in Rotterdam  and when it was about 20 min. from Schiphol I called Dick.

I was amazed all day at the clods in the sky today.





I got all my belongings out at Schiphol. Dick was coming to meet me in the central hall upstairs. All I could think of was to watch people coming off the train. When I saw a young couple I asked if they  could help me. The young man took the bike bag. I took the back bags and handlebar bag and the woman took the two wheeled suitcases. When we came to the escalator I almost fell backwards. The woman stayed at the bottom saying she  couldn't do it with two suitcases. When I got up I put everything by a post , gave my card to the young fellow , gave him a hug and said he was my angel. He thought I might be at the wrong station. After he left I saw a row of trollies and got one keeping one eye on my luggage. I loaded them up and called Dick. Yes I was in the right place and I could wait there for him. I saw a flower store across the court and felt I had enough time so I bought a dozen roses for Dick and Carla to greet them with. Thank you for picking me up Dick.


No comments:

Post a Comment