Friday, September 1, 2023

From Le Sable d' Or to La Rochelle

      Sure enough it was raining a little more this morning than yesterday morning. My Lord is giving me a little more to deal with everyday. Luckily Silver was under a tree and when I had all the bags on and the rain continued I moved her under an awning by the restaurant to stay a little dry while I took down the tent.

A look at the ocean at Brem sur Mer

Lots of water everwhere today

For Melissa

Tide out


Since I do most of my bicycling in the morning, I always see the tide out.


The first crops of sunflowers are dead now. 

Short sections of busy highways and quiet sections of pavement and wet, dirty sections of gravel paths today mafe for intetesting riding.

A look at google map shows all this water with strips of land in between.

A good sign

The railway station( gare) of La Rochelle

Left side

Right side

The apartment but I was here at 2:30  and Allan would not be home until 5.

It is a very big building not far from the train station and the centrum.

I looked up on Google map for an Intermarche grocery store. It was about 2 km away and Google sent me on a path through the woods.

I did a lot of groceries and was thankful that I had brought a backpack. I also used the bank machine there.

I waited from about 3:30  outside the building. I took out my tent and ground sheet to dry. 5 o' clock and no Allan. It looked like rain so I talked one lady into letting me into the building. Then later Sophie, Benoit and 9 year old Charlie helped by letting me use their toilet . Charlie guarded my bicycle and later we chatted in half English and half French. I showed her  Sarah's first day of school photos. Charlie and parents are going south on vacation to Medoc for the weekend. Thanks for your help. May God bless you. I called Marine  who called Allan Then Allan called me and luckily I could put the phone to Sophie's ear so she understood. A few minutes later Allan arrived . We put Silver away and he showed me the apartment.


Right away I was greeted by this needy cat.
Allan showed me everything and then went to rest in his room. He is a student and quite shy and has limited English. 
I made my supper, worked on blog and went to bed at 10:30 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment