Friday, September 1, 2023

From Le Chaponnet to Le Sable d'Or in LaTranche sur Mer

 Sure enough at about 5 o'clock it rained for a while. I couldn't leave until 9 so when I woke again at 7, I was happy that it wasn't pouring. It was also cool during the night and I had condensation on the inside of the tent. I did not bring the white liner for that on this trip because I didn't think that it would be needed. I used the halloween scarf for dishes to wipe it dry. Then I got everything ready. I even put on my full rain pants and waterproof socks. I wiped the outside of the tent as best I could but it definitely was wet.

Today is our 54th wedding anniversary and instead of meandering close to the shore and up and down on the dunes, I decided to do a road ride instead. I enjoyed that. It wasn't long before all the rain clothes came off. I used Google map also . Each day I seem to need a combination of the two. I debated for about 10 min. about going down to Las Sables d'Olonne but changed my mind when I saw the extra distance.  I kept going and stopped at lunchtime in Talmont Saint Hilaire. I took a photo of the church and the château ruins. I checked out one restaurant but thought it too exoensive and then talked to the tourist information lady , went to the washroom across the street and then decided to have an anniversary lunch at a hamburger place. That turned out good as the food was delicious. I decided to go past my original stop of Longeville and go on to to La Tranche sur Mer and stopped at Le Sable d'Or Campground about 2 km from the grocery store. They only charged 5 euro so I stayed but without internet because you have to do it on line. I set up and the wind dried everything. I tried to pay but they were never there. I did a quick swim in all the pools and showered paid and for supper I used my emergency dried food meal. In the evening there was a singer putting on a show. I watched for a while but could not understand the fast French words so I went back to check my tent and then returned to the bar for an anniversary lemonade while I watched France play Turkey in volleyball. Rain is expected for tomorrow morning also . We shall see. I have until 5pm to get to La Rochelle and the brother of Marine.


























No comments:

Post a Comment