Sunday, September 10, 2023

From Florence and Jean-Luc in Royan to Filipe just past Hourton

In the morning I said goodbye to Florence as Jean-Luc was sleeping in. Thank you very much for a lovely evening at your home Florence and Jean-Luc. May God bless you both. I pray that you will have a safe and enjoyable trip to Africa.

The ferry was only 10 minutes away but I always like to be early in the event of a bicycle break down happening.

I was one of the first in line and was talking to Louis who was watching their bikes.

He took a good picture of me. 

Leaving Royan

Blurry selfie on the ferry ride which took about 45 minutes.

I took a photo of Louis and his wife. They are in their early 70's and ride ebikes. God bless you both!
           

His photo of me is much better.

Arriving to Verdon
               

Cars at the point

Looking back to where we started

The return ferry is just leaving.

I met my first Canadian threesome when we were waiting for the ferry and I searched them out to get a photo. They are from Vancouver and the tall guy is Ken . It is their first day cycling. No wonder they look so fresh!
I had to show my Maple Leaf!

Have  a safe trip. God bless you.


At this point we left the ferry and there must have been 20 or more on bicycles and even one young girl with a surfboard and wet suit attached to the side  of her bicycle. I asked to take her photo and later took it again while I  was riding behind her.  I also took a photo of all the bicycles passing each other. Throughout the day I would meet the same people. I also took photos at Soulac sur mer of the waterfront and the big waves and the surfers. The whole day was on beautiful straight asphalted cycle paths with trees along the side. I stopped for lunch at a 90 degree turn. There were no picnic tables today so I sat on a bag cover by a tree and waved as people went by. My afternoon snack time came at another 90 degree turn where a young couple with a cute puppy were resting under the gazebo that had lots of comments on the posts of cyclers who rested there also. I took a few photos there also .

The story is that when I get to my destination  I usually download the days photos upon arrival from camera to my cellphone but Filipe and I talked the whole evening and I didn't do it. So the next day I downloaded that day's photos and forgot the day before photos and then erased all photos which I do so that the camera doesn't have to go through 1000s of pictures each time AND I ERASED ALL THE CAMERA PHOTOS THAT I JUST DESCRIBED TAKING FROM THE FERRY TO HOURTIN. The reason that I use the  small Nikon camera during the day is because the cell phone is double tied to the handlebar for navigation. It was sad  to discover but my conversations with Filipe more than made up for it.
  

When I got to Hourtin I went to a small grocery to buy a few items and sat outside and drank 2 cans of pop. It was SO hot today. Then I noticed a post office across the street. It was open and I talked to Severine who helped me send another small box back to Dick and Carla.
While I was there my friends,
Paula and big ,tall Christopher, from Nantes came to say hello.
They were staying here in Hourtin but I had a little farther to go in the country to find Filipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment