Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Goodbye La Rochelle and bicycling to Vero in Rochefort

I left the apartment quietly. I thought that Allan had gone to school and I had slept so deep that I hadn't heard him but he was still in bed. I loaded Silver and took her out the back of the building and then went around to the front to leave the key in the mailbox. 
It was going to be a hot scorcher today of 35 degrees. The Komoot App took me very quickly to the cycle path along the ocean.
 
The beautiful long beach at Châtelaillon

It is about 10:30 and the tide is out and there are only a few people about. I am sure that will change a lot by tonight.




Bienvenu à Cuba

??? I do not know what these ladies were all about but the sculpturer likes his ladies "hippy".

Beautiful waterfront building

I saw this cycler having lunch on a bench under a tree and I decided to stop and be friendly and join him. Maximus is from Sweden . He is 57 and has done many bicycle trips. This time he started in June at Nordknapp,  in the very far north of Norway and is headed through Spain and Portugal to Gibraltar.

Have a safe trip Maximus and may God bless you.

My rest stop later in the afternoon had 4 trees, a bench and a bicycle.

It was a book library. How cute!


I arrived at my destination. I had requested because it was so hot that if I was early I could enter and my Couchsurfing host Vero had sent me instructions to do so. How nice! There was a COLD drink in the fridge and a needy cat waiting for my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment