Sunday, September 10, 2023

Filipe near Hourtin

 

 
After I mailed my parcel and headed south again on the cycle path to find the address 777 on a certain street. I found the street but I could only  find 780. The numbers on the other side were not in the 700s. I went way down the road but saw no other likely addresses. Thankfully I had Filipe's phone number. I called and he answered and said he had just come home and he would come out to the road. When I headed back to 780 there he was waving at me. And sure enough there were a couple of mailboxes and one had 777 but very small and hardly recognizable. His house was set back from the road and I don't think I would have ever found it. I was glad that I had not arrived any earlier.

Filipe who is from Mexico is about 40 and has 2 children that he sees every second weekend. He works in Bordeaux in the fruit and vegetable delivery business. He likes to play guitar and sing.  

He prepared a delicious salad for supper.

He has a 14 year old son and a 7 year old daughter.

He pointed out this memorial he keeps to remember his twin son who died at birth.

We had a very interesting evening talking about our beliefs and misconceptions from our youth and the purpose of life and our futures as well as showing photos and talking about our families. But at 10 o'clock we said good night because he had to be up at 4am to drive to work for 5am . He works from 5am to 12:30 pm.
Thank you for hosting me in the middle of your work week, Filipe. May God bless you. I won't forget our good discussions.
The next morning I had to decide where to go next . I had nothing set for the night. My plan had been to go to Bordeaux but all my Warmshower, Couchsurfing and Dodocyclo requests had been turned down or not answered. I spent an hour looking into airB&Bs and hotels and they were all booked. So I felt God wanted me to go another direction. I started looking for campgrounds  south of my location.  I finally got a yes from Camping Pasteur in Arès. So feeling good that I had a place to go to I started off on Silver.
Evidence of treeplanting.

All day long I cycled on a beautiful , straight asphalted cyclepath heading south.

Evidence of last year's forest fires 



I arrived at Camping  Pasteur at about 2:30 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment