Sunday, September 10, 2023

Florence and Jean-Luc in Royan



 

When I got into Royan I went to the Intermarché grocery store and bought sone groceries and food gifts for my Couchsurfing hosts. I arrived at Florence and Jean-Luc's beautiful house in the middle of the hot afternoon. When I knocked there was no answer so I saw the shady front lawn and unpacked what I would need for the night and  moved a chair into the shade and finished my pop and worked on blog.

I was there for a little over half an hour and they walked down the driveway and greeted me and all this time they had been visiting next door. I had wondered why there was a car in the driveway.

We got acquainted and I was shown my way around the house. I settled in and had a shower and they were busy making arrangements for an upcoming trip this year to Rwanda, Africa. They have always wanted to go there.

They are both very artistically gifted. Florence does water colour painting like my friend, Julie. 


Jean-Luc does sculpture.


I especially was attracted to this man's head and cap.

Boats in the water

At first I thought this was a real dog!

Paintings by the shed door
     
A beautiful shady back yard

Florence made a delicious vegetarian meal which we enjoyed outside in the evening.


My selfie program is not working on my cell phone lately even when I clean the screen and lenses. I wonder if it is the heat on the protection screen that I had put on????

No comments:

Post a Comment