Tuesday, September 12, 2023

The Village of Retjons

       Village sign

Twin city of Ligsdorf


       Cemetery

    

Jean-Noël's family gravesite

Town hall

Church


The only place in all of France where I saw not 1 but 2 signs for locations of defibrillators


School slow down sign

School

This road is part of the road for the Camino de Compostella walk

Decorated tree by the café, L'auberge de la hournère

It was closed on Monday so I went back on Tuesday for lunch.
              
Silver parked outside
      
Nice tables inside and out

Quiche and tomato

Salad and shepherd's pie


             Apple tart and tea for dessert. I ate with zest and had them make me a sandwich for supper. Then I could only drink half my tea because the sky darkened and I had to high tail it back to Capberné. I only got a few sprinkles which was nice.

The yard is full of gigantic trees of different kinds. 
                 

They do not want people coming here to gather mushrooms.


Later I visited Suzette at her place for half an hour . Her husband passed away and she lives alone. She is 74. We showed photos of our children and grandchildren.


Her 12 year old dog was all bark and no bite. He is really shedding though.

Afterwards I cleaned up Silver and then took her for a ride and she wouldn't go into high gear. I came back and watched a gear video . I decided to turn her upside down and then she worked. Strange girl but I am happy it didn't require more.


On my  last evening Marco, a friend of Jean-Noël and Dona came around to check if everything was okay. God bless you for doing that. My only problem that I need solved is that I don't have a place for tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment