Thursday, September 7, 2023

Vero in Rochefort to Florence in Royan

Vero's house is in a long line of joined houses in Rochefort. Her place is truly distinguished by the beautiful plants and chair set and ivy over her garage door.
 
Vero, 57,  has a science laboratory  job at a local high school for 15 to 18 year olds. She is in charge of all the ordering, stocking and set up of all the experiments that the teacher will carry out with the students. She is French but married a Dutch man who sadly passed away 4 years ago. We spoke a nixture of English , French and mostly Dutch. It was GREAT.

I was allowed to come into the house before Vero finished school at 5. I had requested that because it was going to be so hot today. She said to go through the garage but I wondered how since there was so much ivy growing there but it opened at such an angle that the plants were okay. I went in with Silver and there was just enough room. She had said to take a cold drink which I did right away. It felt so good! Then I looked in the backyard where the needy cat that had greeted me came from . The yard reminded me of Dutch backyards with all the plants and flowers and knickknacks.

Colourful

A cute squirrel

These little smiley stones greeted me.


The living with furniture Vero has redone herself.

The dining area with furniture from her grandmother.
       

She is almost done redoing this couch which she bought second hand.

My bedroom- the yellow and blue room

When she came home we got acquainted and realized we could speak French, English or Dutch and later we drove to Fouras to the beach where the château of Fouras is located.

It was quite crowded this evening.

She does this quite often as it is not too far. We walked in the water and met two of her teaching friends and had an enjoyable visit. Regretably I did not have my camera in the water.

Pointing to the château
Busy



After the swim Vero took me for a drive to see the point of land near here and we stopped for bread.


She made a 5 course meal for me and I tried mussels for the first time. I thought they were pretty good.


The aperitif was nuts and mussels and several different wines to taste.


The dessert looked delicious and hard to choose one over the other so we shared them both.
It was a great evening together.

No comments:

Post a Comment