Monday, September 4, 2023

Groceries and late afternoon stroll

I spent most of Sunday morning inside but I had some groceries to get and knew the store closed at 12:30. I tried to follow another route that would follow streets to make it easier on Silver but I landed on the same back path again. I guess Silver is getting used to it. 

At 6 pm I decided to spend the last evening walking in the city again. 

A colourful sailboat

I took this one for my grandson, David, who built a catamaran.

I may need to buy one of these when I get old.

Narrow streets


Not just one or two but many!





Jean Gutton

Jean Gutton

The city hall I think

From the side

I was attracted to the sound of these singers and stayed for a while listening.


I give a donation and then get my photo taken with them.

I also took videos which are on Facebook.

These girls were my patient photographers because we did not get good results from the Nikon so then I dug out my cell phone. I thanked them and gave them a card.

This store sells ALL things in white.

A religious building

As I came around the corner I heard this young man playing a saxophone.

I think he was good at it.

I took several videos  for my David and also grandson David who both play saxophone.



Another donation and another photo.

History

The old days

Huge celebratory gatherings were held here





The sun was going down as I started back to the apartment.

Good bye towers and beautiful La Rochelle waterfront.


No comments:

Post a Comment