Sunday, September 24, 2023

The Mediterranean Sea

Wednesday evening was the only time Thomas  and Chloé had  to bring me to see the Mediterranean Sea. So it was evening when we arrived at the closest beach to their house. It was also a very touristy area with lots of hotels.

There were hardly any people on the beach.

The waves were crazy high.

I just HAD to go in! I disrobed on the beach using my raincoat as a towel and headed in.
 
I had bicycled from swimming in the Atlantic ocean all the way to swimming in the Mediterranean Sea!

Thomas took photos as I went deeper into the water which was very warm.

I had lots of fun.

Wave after wave

Eventually Thomas and Chloé joined me. It was so nice for them after a hard days work. We were concerned because Thomas went out so far. Chloé said he really likes the waves.


What a nice  couple! Thomas went to school for mechanical engineering and Chloé for agriculture- a perfect combination  for a farm.

I wish them great success on their farm. I did suggest that my 3 granddaughters could be a great help  for a couple summer months of work for the experience of visiting another country because Isabelle works on a dairy farm and also has her own chickens and ducks and Katie works on a lavender farm and Tryne  loves to work in a kitchen and also speaks French.

Thomas and I

With Chloé

On the wall

Plug ins for e-bikes

We  walked around for a bit and then chose to eat at this glassed in outside terrace to keep out of the wind.

Thomas had tuna.

Chloé had a seafood platter.

It was nice for them not to make supper after working all day .

I had kebobs of chicken and beef. I didn't realize they would come hanging! 

At my first attempt to get off a piece of beef while Thomas was videoing , the meat came off and missed the dish and fell to the floor. I called out 10 second rule, picked it up and ate it because it was an expensive dish.

We had a good time not only celebrating the end goal of my bicycle trip but also meeting Thomas again after 5 years.
 
The sunset was accompanied by dark clouds but it had been a very good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment