Sunday, September 24, 2023

Thomas



There  is an organization for bicycle tourers called Warmshowers. If one is a member , one can be a host to a  cyclist or a guest at a home. It is a little bit like an exchange program. Five years ago Thomas was bicycling across Canada and requested to stay at my house. He had gone to school for one year in Quebec and wanted to see what the rest of Canada looked like. I accepted his request.  This was in September of 2018 and it was fairly cool already in Northern Ontario. 

We showed Thomas the bedroom, gave him time to have a warm shower and supper and in the evening I took hin for a tour of the waterfront. 

With Thomas down by the Saint Mary's rapids

In the evening we looked at his route for the next morning and we also looked at Béziers area on Google map and he told me it was nice for bicycling and I remember saying that if I ever came that way I would try to make it to Béziers and see him.
The next morning when it was still cool Thomas left to complete his journey.

Dave and I are happy to know that you completed your journey.

Dave also enjoyed meeting Thomas

Now in September 2023 we are meeting again. I think we look about the same.  It is good that I sent a Christmas email every year and keep all the addresses of my Warmshower guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment